Victoria University (VU) has officially opened its commanding 32-storey VU City Tower, with thousands of students and staff welcomed to Melbourne’s newest educational landmark.
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s legal and commercial district, the VU City Tower consolidates VU’s distinguished business and law degrees with vocational training programs on one campus, showcasing the University’s unique approach to dual-sector learning.
VU City Tower also hosts strategic partners and real-world training that enhance students’ skills, knowledge and employability through industry-focused learning and clinical experiences. Immersive, purpose-built spaces occupy the top nine levels, enhancing interactions between students, industry and the public.
Offering a range of professional personal services to the public, students can perfect their skills as they provide low-cost or even free treatments in realistic settings under the supervision of experienced and qualified teachers.
- a dermal therapy clinic offering preventative skin checks and skin condition management
- an osteopathy clinic offering treatments for a range of conditions, and exercise rehabilitation
- award-winning hair, barbering and beauty therapy services in simulated salon environments
- remedial and relaxation massage treatments.
The building also hosts industry partners and partnerships, demonstrating VU’s ‘flipped campus’ approach that embeds complementary industries into VU campuses to enhance employment prospects for students.
- Industry Capability Network (ICN) Victoria, a group of industry procurement and supply chain specialists who link government contracts and projects to local businesses
- SAP Australia and New Zealand, a world leader in enterprise resource planning and business analytics. The VU City Tower hosts Australia’s first SAP Next-Gen Lab, established in 2018, a new SAP Academy, and Asia-Pacific-Japan’s only SAP Academic Competence Centre
- Cisco, a global IT and networking leader, is designing a ‘Boardroom of the Future’ that will connect people physically and virtually.
VU City Tower also has 47 general-purpose teaching spaces for up to 1600 students, and a student social hub on Level 10 with kitchen amenities and an external balcony maximising outdoor space and city views.
VU Chancellor the Honourable Steve Bracks AC said “with community and industry connections at its core, the VU City Tower brings the University’s flipped campus model to life.
“It offers students outstanding opportunities to work with leading businesses and immerse themselves in their chosen professions well before graduating. This is the campus of the future – reimagined now.”