Lendlease has announced that works are now underway on the Victoria Cross integrated station development which includes a 40-storey (plus 2-storey rooftop plant) commercial building above the station’s southern entrance.
Delivered in partnership with Sydney Metro, the commencement of works comes six months after the New South Wales Government’s fast-tracked approval of the over station development, under the Planning System Acceleration Program.
The Victoria Cross integrated station development, made up of the metro station and over station development, will include:
- Two station entrances including a northern entrance opening to Miller and McLaren streets, and a southern entrance with pedestrian access to Miller and Denison streets;
- A commercial building above the station’s southern entrance;
- Station concourse and platforms beneath Miller Street;
- Sustainable, high-quality commercial and retail hub in the heart of North Sydney;
- The enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station, as well as new bike parking at the northern entrance, and new kiss and ride bays on McLaren Street opposite the northern entrance; and
- Improvements to the public domain.
The retail precinct and office tower that form a part of the project have been designed by award-winning architects, Bates Smart.
Lendlease’s commencement of works follows the recent laying of the first tracks on the Sydney Metro City & Southwest line. Victoria Cross, the centrepiece of North Sydney’s CBD transformation is just three minutes from Barangaroo and five minutes from Martin Place and will draw talent from Sydney’s global workforce.
Jeheon Son, Head of Development NSW and Head of Integrated Transport Development at Lendlease said people are increasingly demanding workplaces that have outstanding sustainability and digital credentials, are linked to public transport, and are stitched into the local community.
“We know our new Victoria Cross Development will respond to these demands.”
Set to accommodate up to 7000 office workers, the new commercial building has been designed to adapt to the changing work environment and prioritise sustainability, health and social connection. On track to be the most sustainable workplace in North Sydney, Victoria Cross is targeting Platinum WELL and 6-star Green Star rating.
The building will feature a range of expertly designed spaces to promote flexibility, innovation and collaboration. An expansive lobby with a multipurpose hub space will facilitate community connection, while outdoor balconies and green or ‘biophilic’ spaces will promote health and wellbeing.
“Just six months after the accelerated approval of our $1.2 billion over station development, it’s great to see Lendlease’s boots on the ground as we bring the transport, commercial and lifestyle elements of Victoria Cross to life,” said Mr Son.
The Victoria Cross integrated station development is due for completion in 2024.