The North Shore Hub in St Leonards has reached practical completion, providing a high-quality healthcare facility integrated into the North Shore Hospital precinct.
Developed by Dexus, owned by Dexus Healthcare Property Fund (DHPF) and built by Roberts Co, the North Shore Health Hub is a state-of-the-art healthcare facility across approximately 16,000 square metres, providing health and medical services to the community.
Executive General Manager of Funds Management at Dexus, Deborah Coakley, said the completion of the North Shore Health Hub adds a new, first-class asset to DHPF’s portfolio, and demonstrates Dexus’ expertise in delivering infrastructure that will facilitate the growing demand for integration in public and private healthcare services.
“Assets of this quality and scale ensure the fund continues to be relevant and attractive to both domestic and international investors,” she added.
The facility is located in the North Shore Hospital precinct and connects to Ramsay Health Care’s day surgery at the North Shore Private Hospital via a bridge link, facilitating the integration of healthcare services across the two facilities.
The North Shore Health Hub is a place that puts people first by incorporating much-needed services and amenity into one of Australia’s leading health precincts. It offers an enhanced workspace experience, catering to the needs of patients and practitioners alike.
The North Shore Health Hub incorporates:
- A day surgery facility, medical centre, medical imaging, pathology, cancer treatment and medical consulting suites and office workspace;
- Hotel-style end-of-trip facilities and a dedicated concierge service;
- Landscaped open areas and an outdoor terrace with expansive district views;
- Retail amenity including the Small Doses Café and an EzyMart; and
- Sustainability elements such as a 6 Star Green Star – Design & As Built v1.2 Design Review Certified Rating and a 160kw solar system to offset the facility’s carbon emissions.
A number of leading healthcare operators have secured leases at the premises, including Ramsay Health Care, GenesisCare, North Shore Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology and Rockwell GP. There is limited space available for lease.
CEO of Roberts Co, Alison Mirams, also commented: “The North Shore Health Hub was built in the middle of one of the busiest health precincts in New South Wales. This is a significant milestone for Roberts Co, being a major health infrastructure asset that we have delivered on behalf of Dexus.”