Safety innovation and mental health and wellbeing are becoming increasingly important components of occupational health and safety management. One in five Australian employees reported that they have taken time off work due to feeling mentally unwell in the past 12 months, due to stress, anxiousness or depression.
Also, innovation, whether in processes, technology and/or approaches to people, is becoming more and more crucial in helping to solve ongoing problems and ensuring employees go home safely after work.
The upcoming Safety in Action Tradeshow will tap into these key health and safety topics, by introducing three new dedicated safety zones. each zone will include free, tailored seminar programs to educate today’s OHS Professionals. Next to the Safety Innovations and Mental Health and Wellbeing program, the third safety zone will focus on case studies of current major safety projects in Australia, to stay on top of the latest developments.
“This year to cater for the extra demand we have created three spaces on the Tradeshow floor to run concurrent programs covering major projects, innovations, and wellbeing. You can attend as many as you like from across all three streams,” says Keith Barks, General Manager at Informa Australia, organizers of the event.
A snapshot of the free seminar sessions includes:
- Implementing a mental health and wellbeing strategy in the workplace, Nick Arvantis, Head of Research & Resource Development, Beyond Blue
- Software to manage and improve Workplace Mental Health, Sarah O’Leary, Opportunity Creator, myosh
- The Future of Corporate Health – Current Trends and Future Direction, Debra Villar, Director, Complete Corporate Wellness
- Mitigating Heat Stress – Lessons learnt from 2017, Dr Matt Brearley, Managing Director, Thermal Hyper Performance
- Non-Conforming Building Products and Safety Law, Katherine Morris, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Legal Approaches, Safety Culture and Human Factors in the Aviation Industry, John Ribbands, Barrister and Aviation Human Factors Specialist, ALAANZ
View the full seminar program on www.safetyinaction.net.au. Seminars are free to attend.
Exhibitors confirmed include, Major Corporate Sponsor myosh Safety Management Software, Technology Partner Riskware, RISSB, Mix Telematics, Retailquip, QHSE Integrated Solutions, Bureau Veritas, A-Safe Australia and Converge International. View the full exhibitor list here.
Held concurrently with the trade show, Safety in Action presents three high-profile conferences focusing on Safety Strategy, Leadership and Culture, Workplace Wellness and Return to Work. With over 350 delegates and 70+ speakers and the conferences running in adjacent rooms, you will be able to switch sessions and plan a track to suit your requirements.
Registration is now open for Australia’s leading Occupational Health and Safety in Action Tradeshow, taking place on 5-6 September 2017 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. Safety in Action opening hours are 10am-6pm on Tuesday 5 September and 10am-4pm on Wednesday 6 September, 2017. Attendance is free for bona fide trade visitors and available on www.safetyinaction.net.au.